Contact Waslix: (412) 848-5058 facebook facebook group

Is a UV Disinfection System really necessary for my home and business?


Cryptosporidium
Cryptosporidium

As cited on the CDC website:
Cryptosporidiosis is a diarrheal disease caused by microscopic parasites, Cryptosporidium, that can live in the intestine of humans and animals and is passed in the stool of an infected person or animal. The parasite is protected by an outer shell that allows it to survive outside the body for long periods of time and makes it very resistant to chlorine-based disinfectants.
During the past 2 decades, Cryptosporidium has become recognized as one of the most common causes of waterborne disease (recreational water and drinking water) in humans in the United States. The parasite is found in every region of the United States and throughout the world.


Giardia
Giardia

As cited on the CDC website: Giardia is a microscopic parasite that causes the diarrheal illness known as giardiasis and is protected by an outer shell that allows it to survive outside the body for long periods of time and makes it tolerant to chlorine disinfection. It is found on surfaces or in soil, food, or water that has been contaminated with feces (poop) from infected humans or animals. While the parasite can be spread in different ways, water (drinking water and recreational water) is the most common mode of transmission.


Other pathogens/ parasites can find their way into our drinking water supply, however Cryptosporidium and Giardia are the two most common. The reason municipality water has a Chlorine taste is because Chlorine/ Chloramine is used to treat our water supply to kill bacteria however Chlorine does NOT kill many pathogens. UV exposure is a guaranteed solution of preventing pathogens, bacteria and viruses from causing harm to you and your family in your home and keeping customers safe in your businesses.

CHC: Global Healing Center/ Medical College of Wisconsin research team
There is an association between cancer and chlorinated water. pdfChlorine Study


Crypto is the most common cause of diarrheal illness and outbreaks linked to swimming pools or water playgrounds because it is not easily killed by chlorine and can survive up to 10 days in properly treated water. Swallowing just a mouthful of water contaminated with Crypto can make otherwise healthy people sick for up to three weeks with watery diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, or vomiting, and can lead to dehydration.
source: CDC Website

The highly contagious parasite is difficult to get rid of because chlorine doesn't always kill it, according to the Mayo Clinic. It's passed through stool and is typically transmitted through contaminated drinking water or recreational water facilities that have infected fecal matter in them. The parasite was first discovered in Maricopa County, which encompasses Phoenix, on Aug. 4 after 19 cases were reported in July. Last July, there had only been four cases, according to NBC affiliate.
source: NBC News

Germy pool, lake and hot tub water caused 90 separate outbreaks of illness that killed one person and put nearly 1,800 into the hospital in 2011 and 2012, a new report finds. Health officials only started reporting on diseases related to recreational water in 2010. Hlavsa and colleagues collected data for 2011 and 2012, the most recent available, and found that despite chlorination and other disinfecting methods, waterborne illness is common. UV solution for pools: S8Q-OZ and S2Q-OZ
Source: Today

"Although we probably have one of the safest drinking-water systems in the world, every year there are some breaks in the system," says Linda Birnbaum, Ph.D., director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. In 2007-2008, 36 outbreaks from drinking water led to 4,128 cases of illness (including a salmonella outbreak in Colorado that sickened 1,300 people) and three deaths.
In 2009, 28% of all U.S. systems broke at least one significant EPA rule.
Source: Today

Water can also become contaminated after it leaves the treatment plant but before it reaches your faucet, says Shane Snyder, Ph.D., co-director of the Arizona Laboratory for Emerging Contaminants and professor of chemical and environmental engineering at the University of Arizona. "Water may sit in a tank, sometimes for over a week, mixing with the chlorine used for disinfection — which may result in elevated levels of disinfection by-products," he says. The consequence: chemicals that might be harmful.
Source: Good House Keeping
waslix logo purpose
Our philosophy is to foster a strong association between how clearly clean water will have a healthy biological influence on our bodies and preventative repairs and maintenance to our homes and businesses.

Products

Direct Contact:
Cell: 412-848-5058
Email: Pierre@Waslix.com
Waslix © 2018 All Rights Reserved